Apply Online: www.sunshine.org/careers/
NURSE / LPN OR RN
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
To work as a Nurse at Sunshine, you must have a strong interest in providing nursing care to Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and comfortable around trachs, ventilators and G/J tubes. Compassion and empathy with the ability to focus on quality of care.
- High School Diploma or GED / 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and Auto Insurance
- Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical & able to lift 60 lbs.
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- 3-5 years of Nursing experience or float nurse experience required to work in the Community
Sunshine has Nurses that work at our base campus providing 24/7 medical care and also Community Nurses that are assigned multiple locations to provide medical care and observation to the Individuals supported at Sunshine. Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in emergencies & make emergency medical decisions while adequately carries them out
- Prepares, dispenses, administers & charts medications in a safe, organized manner
- Performs technical procedures & administer treatments as scheduled, documenting the results seen
- Maintains adequate daily records of residents for chart treatments; unusual incidents; daily running report; BM charts & check of suppositories and enemas as needed.
- Reports all unusual occurrences to the Nursing Supervisors.
- Maintains adequate supplies of medications in a safe, organized fashion, reordering as needed.
- Participates daily in report to and from the floor nurse regarding success of treatment.
- Conducts formal/informal in-services for Direct Care staff.
- Participates in Medicaid Documentation as directed and surveys as scheduled.
- Helps prepare nurses notes, files and completes medications sheets for the following months.
- Expected to regularly work in all area as assigned in addition to duties listed above.
- Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
- Bonuses 3x per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
- Attendance Incentives
- Transportation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Advancement through Sunshine U