Office 365 Administrator
Under the direct supervision of the IT Systems Engineer, is responsible to maintain, troubleshoot, and support all staff needs relating to O365 applications including Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Exchange, Office, OneDrive, Teams, etc. This includes our on-premise Hybrid Active Directory, account creation, MFA, forced password changes, SSOs, distribution groups, email relays, security settings, spam and phishing validation and quarantine, etc.
The incumbent will demonstrate a commitment to the TLCPL’s mission and values including being welcoming, innovative, objective, accountable and collaborative.
- Create and maintain all new and existing accounts.
- Assist in the migration of data, troubleshooting, installing updates, and launching new solutions.
- Support Microsoft Office and other Help Desk calls as the need arises for Library staff and customers.
- Suggest and test future strategies for Office 365 products and services.
- Field staff questions and develop How-To Guides for various O365 Applications.
- Actively supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Promotes a culture where all staff and customers belong.
- Partner with other departments to evaluate and drive the adoption of new capabilities for Office 365 and related tools, services, and systems.
- Administer Office 365 Exchange Online per the department policies (domains, network policies, transport rules, etc.).
- Monitor Office 365 service health, MFAs, removal of old user accounts, and management of services requested.
- Office 365 licensing and spam administration.
- Monitor security and reliability of Exchange Online and Office 365 systems and services along with tracking and escalation of incidents with Office 365 technical support.
- Perform all O365 system administration functions.
- Support the ongoing operation of Microsoft Teams and other related services like One Note, Groups, Yammer & OneDrive.
- Align Office 365 technology solutions with departmental strategies. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Library.
- An advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills to support an 0365-enterprise tenant running Microsoft Azure with on-premise Hybrid Active Directory, MFA and SSO, Exchange, security settings, email relay, and all applications.
- Basic problem-solving skills relative to network access, credentials, OS and server support, computer repair, and software configuration.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with staff and vendors.
- Ability to be self-directed, organized, detailed, trustworthy, reliable, good work ethics, accountable, and can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain data security procedures and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and three (3) years of equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct customer service experience required.
- Two (2) years of prior I.T. help desk support preferred.
- O365 certification is preferred.
- CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network certification is preferred
- An Operating System certification (Windows, Mac, or Linux) is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation as needed are required.
Working Condition and Physical Demands
Some off-site travel is required within the county via your personal vehicle.
Evening/weekend and on-call hours are part of the regular schedule.
Physical Demands: Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, crouching and lifting, pushing/pulling, and handling of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Use of tools and equipment required for diagnostics, repair, installation, and maintenance of tech equipment.
To apply, please visit https://www.toledolibrary.org/jobs.