Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
The person in this position provides assistance in coordinating all the functions and activities related to patient access for the Corporation. These functions are performed in accordance with overall NHA philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will manage staff and oversee the following duties and others as assigned:
· Front-end customer service
· Accurate patient registration in the electronic registration system
· On-site insurance verification and financial counseling
· Accurate Time of Service (TOS) payment collections
· Interfacing with both the billing department and the healthcare teams
· Ensures that all scheduling, registration and payment collection activities are staffed appropriately daily
· Ensures that quality services are provided and actively engages in a quality assurance program for these services
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
· Management of special projects as required. Completes these assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem solving, making adjustments to plans.
· The development and initial implementation of new program and project initiatives.
· Enhances Corporation’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or health care management, RN a huge plus and preferred in this role
- Three years experience in a supervisory or management role in a medical/clinical office setting required
- Ability to lead, train and motivate staff to their optimum performance level, with the ability to address employee relations issues
- Experience in computerized registration systems
- Strong leadership and planning skills required
- Must be task oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism with the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, superior telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of medical terminology and billing requirements
- The ability to be flexible and perform in a high pressure environment
This position is salary, Full-Time Monday – Friday, no evenings, weekends or holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including PTO and 10 paid holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org