Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism is seeking a full time DSP Manager, in our Transitional School Program in Pemberville, OH. The Pemberville Transition School provides an alternative school program for individuals with autism, ages 12-22, which focuses on meeting the individualized needs of students. Preparing individuals for adult services is a focal point of this program. We are seeking a DSP Manager that will work to foster relationships with students and staff by upholding dignity, respect, and kindness. This position will work to recognize the unique qualities and needs of each student with autism and address those needs appropriately. The Transition School DSP Manager is in direct supervision of up to 20 Direct Support Professionals in addition to general supervision of the Transitional School Program.
- Development and management of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) optimizing performance through effective mentoring, leadership and training.
- Oversee all aspects of the staffing schedule to include call-offs, PTO, time tracks, shift fills, etc.
- Provide onsite supervision and ongoing training
- Interview and hire all new employees and ensure they receive adequate training and follow up by prior to working independently
- Deliver timely performance feedback for actions above and beyond
- Conduct one on one meetings each month or as needed with assigned staff.
- Assume direct support responsibilities as needed.
Supervisory Experience is required. Experience working direct support with individuals with Autism and/or other developmental disabilities is required. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and possess or willing to obtain the Ohio substitute teacher’s license. Valid driver’s license with the eligibility to be insured is required.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
- 18% cell phone carrier employee discount
- ERN (Employee Resource Network) Member with Success Coach