GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB.
This individual will oversee and direct all facets of Service Center operation in the ascribed geographic area.
They will develop and manage relationships with a volunteer pool to ensure the office is always staffed.
They will also manage those volunteers in kettle effort, special events, etc. Through social welfare programs,
this person will make the Service Center a visible and integral part of the community outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with professionals and volunteers in other organizations and agencies in order to make the Service Center an effective and efficient operation in accordance to Salvation Army policy.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to assist with programs and services.
- Establish and maintain an active and functional advisory committee that works in cooperation with the Area Coordinators.
- Articulate The Salvation Army’s mission and Service Center goals to volunteers and the community.
- Coordinate and supervise all emergency assistance and all other human service programs.
- Exercise judgment in choosing one of several approaches to solve clients’ problems.
- Make frequent contacts with professionals and volunteers in other organizations and agencies relative to clients’ situation, in order to draw upon all resources together to solve the dilemma.
- Establish and maintain community, business, and stakeholder relationships.
- Lead fund development activities, including donor development, brand awareness, and professional development within the community, as directed by the Area Coordinators.
- Lead, plan, and implement all fund-raising activities and other special events, utilizing the Advisory Committee as needed.
- Recommend routine expenditures within policy limitations.
- Nurture and maintain working partnership with local United Way, as directed by the Area Coordinators. Respond to all informational requests in a timely fashion. Participate in creating narrative portions of United Way Budget (Program Narrative, Board Rosters, Demographics, etc.)
- Recruit age 6-12 campers for Summer Camp Program.
- Provide statistical reports as needed
- Assists with other assignments as directed by the Area Coordinators.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field preferred, and/or three to five years of experience
- Must be able to make decisions independently within prescribed Salvation Army policies and procedures
- Must be able to communicate and relate to individuals and groups
- Skilled in intake and interviewing
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Must have good organizational, time management, and communication skills. Be knowledgeable with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher. Valid drivers license with a good driving record and be able to lift up to 50 lbs (food and item donations, etc).
Send resume to: [email protected]