Overview: BeInstrumental is a 501(c)3 organization that provides musical experiences to all
children. The position of Program Director oversees the organization’s diverse music
programming offered across Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. The position hours are up
to 20 hours per week, and include flexible hours based on program schedules, committee
meetings, and one board meeting per month.
● Oversees weekly programs at various sites and locations
● Hires, onboards, and trains instructors to facilitate classes
● Collaborates with community partners to increase music access for all children
● Creates and implements new programming to reflect the musical needs within the
● Oversees the instrument bank and works with public/private school districts to ensure
all children have access to quality instruments
● Provides weekly communication to the board of directors on current programming
● Creates weekly invoices to be submitted to the treasure for payment
Strong knowledge of music education and nonprofit organizations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Ability to work within a team environment
● Ability to collaborate with the Board of Directors
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Demonstrates an understanding of best practices in music education when working with
children, families, and community partners.
● Demonstrates strong organizational skills
● Proficiency in Google Suite
● Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices
If interested, please send a letter of interested and a resume to [email protected] by August 15th.