Title: Program Manager
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
To assist in growing the core programs of the Food Bank by overseeing and managing daily operations.
- Plan, coordinate, manage, and recap packing and distribution events. Recommend and implement continuous improvements.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer experience, including communication, scheduling, and updating and maintaining volunteer lists.
- Track and report weekly metrics, including cash and in-kind donations, volunteer hours, and distribution.
- Assist Executive Director with communication and outreach to prospective donors, active donors, and community partners.
- Maintain contact database of volunteers, active donors, prospective donors, and community partners.
- Assist with marketing activities, including social media posts and website updates.
- Oversee general day-to-day warehouse and office operations.
- Advocate and educate on the mission of the Islamic Food Bank of Toledo.
- Maintain a positive, open, and candid relationship with the Executive Director, Board, and leadership team, treating all matters of importance or concern in a professional and collegial manner.
- Complete all responsibilities of the job in a timely and effective way.
- Communicate with all stakeholders with clarity, timeliness, responsiveness, and confidence.
- Committed to the mission and values of the Islamic Food Bank.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear, concise writing style.
- Ability to multi-task and manage large, complex projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include some weekends and evenings.
- Required: Knowledge of basic software applications (Microsoft Office or similar)
- Desirable: Knowledge of QuickBooks, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress, and/or Mailchimp.
- Desirable: Social media experience a plus
How to Apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com
About the Islamic Food Bank of Toledo:
The mission of the Islamic Food Bank is to empower Muslims and the greater Toledo community to feed the hungry and spread peace. We operate with four values in mind: 1) Inspire Spirituality through Service, 2) Foster Meaningful Connections, 3) Be A Good Neighbor, and 4) Treat Everyone Respectfully.
Founded in 2008, the Islamic Food Bank has grown substantially through community support to include a freestanding warehouse facility in downtown Toledo, a pantry serving Perrysburg and beyond, and strong partnerships with school districts, community centers, interfaith organizations, and shelter homes throughout northwest Ohio. These partnerships are key to helping the Islamic Food Bank reach those who are most vulnerable to food insecurity. From 2020-2021, the Islamic Food Bank distributed more than 265,000 meals and heavy snacks with an estimated value of more than half a million dollars.
The Islamic Food Bank operates via a volunteer Board and leadership team. We also take pride in our committed base of volunteers. Our programming and reach are evolving rapidly to meet the rising need in the communities that we serve. The Program Manager is a full-time position –
the person in this role will assist with day-to-day logistics, management of volunteers, and operational effectiveness.