Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required for ICF Home Management
- GED or HS Diploma required for Waiver Home Management – 18 years or older
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities
- 3+ years’ experience in supervision or management
- Prior Direct Support Professional experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and auto insurance
- Able to pass criminal background, drug test and physical
The Program Manager oversees the daily management of residential and day services for two or more family care homes or other sites which include managing staff and the daily care & support of the Individuals at the locations.
- Works with Scheduling department to ensure staff coverage and support for assigned homes. This at times includes working in those homes.
- Assesses needs acuity and supporting documentation using required state assessment tools such as ODDP, IAF, AAI, etc.
- Ensures thorough assessment of needs, involving clinical staff as appropriate, including OT, PT, Speech, Medical, Nursing and Behavior Analyst Staff Support.
- Hires staff members and provides regular feedback to staff that includes hand on training, support and evaluation.
- Communicates staff feedback and uses it effectively to improve services and the work environment
- Develops (or participates in development of) support plans that address needs and preferences of the individual and family. Assures all necessary approvals and resources are in place before implementation.
- Participates in agency on call system on a rotational basis
- Reports to an area Director and is responsible for an assigned caseload of individuals
- Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
- Bonuses 4x per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
- Attendance Incentives
- Transportation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Advancement through Sunshine U