The Nurse provides physical assessments of residents, implements resident’s treatment plan, evaluates response to treatment, provides complete documentation, administers medications as prescribed and provides health care education for residents of our Recovery House and outpatient clients. The NURSE works in a team relationship with Psychiatrist and professional staff. The NURSE assures that all residents are maintained in a safe environment. Performs duties in accordance with the OH Board of Nursing, ANA Standards of Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care, and facility mission, values, policies, and behavioral standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current Mental Health/SUD nursing practice. Demonstrates proficiency in the mental status assessment, knowledge and understanding of various DSM IV diagnosis and treatment, behavioral approaches and proper use of psychiatric tools and techniques.
- Comply and Maintain an average of 25 billable hours a week.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner (within 48 hours of service) as stated in the policy and procedure handbook
- Maintain an approved set work schedule
- Knowledge of the concept of team nursing and constructive leadership.
- Knowledge of the use of community resources.
- Ability to make meaningful observations, evaluations and reports.
- Ability to accept and constructively utilize supervision.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
- Ability to provide skilled nursing care based on specific principles, basic behavioral concepts and intelligent professional judgment.
- Ability to recognize when there is a need for a judgment and flexibility in nursing care functions so as to maintain quality nursing care in all types of situations.
- Ability to exercise leadership coupled with tolerance and understanding as well as with appreciation and respect for the special abilities and skills of others.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Possession of a current license.
- Must perform all duties as required by the Doctor and Agency management
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
- Complete required agency training and maintain compliance to agency Polices and Procedures
- Available for some weekend on call hours
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write clear, concise, accurate notes, and compliance with all confidentiality laws and standards.
- The ability to adapt quickly to patients’ changing needs.
- Ability to work effectively with a transdisciplinary team approach to treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the agency mission, vision, goals and philosophy as well as the policies and procedures.
- Strives for high client satisfaction by providing leadership and/or assistance to coworkers and clients through the integrated care process.
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- Abide by the agencies and/or professional code of ethics.
- Experience: Prior clinical experience and recent psychiatric nursing experience is preferred. SUD experience preferred.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Licensure/Certification: Licensure and registration by the Ohio Board of Nursing as a licensed practical nurse required. CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Required experience in MH/SUD and medication assisted treatment preferred.
Paid Time Off
Great benefits including medical, vision, dental and agency sponsored Life Insurance!
Please contact Debrah Scott at [email protected] for more information regarding our exciting opportunities!