Help us redefine what is possible and make a positive impact in the lives of individuals with Autism! Bittersweet, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and recreational services to individuals with autism.
Bittersweet Farms is a world renowned leader in serving individuals with autism. We are seeking a full time Residential Program Leader in Whitehouse, Ohio to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm). This position will oversee one of our homes during second shift and will include working every other weekend, and rotation of on-call phone. Enjoy the outdoors on our working farm, hiking in Oak Openings, and participating in community trips. A rewarding career path for those interested in disability studies, nursing, health care, social work/ social services, education, direct care, home health and those with a desire to help others.
This positon provides direct support, training and oversight to the Direct Support Professional team, as well as a variety of administrative responsibilities. Approximately 75% of the position will be spent providing direct support to individuals with autism and 25% acting as a liaison between direct support staff and management and various administrative functions. Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or other developmental disabilities in a Direct Support Professional (DSP) capacity is strongly preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess and uses empathy in all actions and interactions
- Effectively work in teams with co-workers and participants
- Ability to express patience in difficult situations
- Exceptional and adaptable oral communication
- High School Diploma / GED
- Valid driver’s license with the eligibility to be insured is required.
What We Offer:
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, paid disability and life insurance, personal time off, 401K with company match, and 11 paid holidays.
- Assistance with getting reliable transportation, child care, affordable housing, food assistance program, counseling, learning basic computer skills, budgeting assistance, credit counseling and several other opportunities through the Employee Resource Network with a success coach.
- Access to payroll funds early through PayActiv.
- 18% cell phone carrier employee discount.