Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible to develop, plan, organize and implement current and future strategies to bill customers, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow and manage the overall health of the company’s receivables. Also responsible for managing, in cooperation with the Manager of Registration Services, and under the direction of the CFO, day-to-day activities of the organization as they relate to revenue cycle functions which include but are not limited to front office services, billing, collections, accounts receivables and financial planning for patients.
This manager with work with the Manager of Registration Services on revenue cycle performance to meet short term strategic goals and will provide analytical analysis and create written guidelines, policies, and procedures in accordance with implementation of all work processes as a result of thorough analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops strategic plans and programs for the Revenue Cycle team and ensures that goals and objectives of the team are properly defined and clearly established.
· Develops policies, guidelines, and implementing procedures and ensures consistent company-wide implementation.
· Develops budgetary plans, programs, and guidelines to ensure the team’s strict adherence with financial guidelines and requirements.
· Ensures that operating expenses are well within the prescribed limits of budget plans and fiscal guidelines.
· Provides projections and reports as required, for development and management of budget; produce and analyze monthly reports that assist in the monthly forecast process.
· Monitors timeliness and effectiveness of department activities, ensuring that outstanding patient accounts and accounts receivables is no more than the agreed upon limit and that bad debt is within budgeted target.
· Monitors effectiveness of collection efforts and maintains insurance billings are current within the established time frame specified in the department policy.
· Compiles and prepares various status reports for management in order to analyze trends and make recommendations.
· Enhance and standardize our work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle to assist in achieving consistency in maintaining the critical success factors outlined in the Company’s standard operating procedures.
· Create a cross functional training manual for NHA leaders that incorporates, as well as, aligns the Company’s strategy and culture of Certainty and Operational Excellence.
· Designs and develops the appropriate organization structure for the Revenue Cycle team.
· Delineates, defines, and streamlines its various functional activities, thereby ensure its effectiveness in maximizing the utilization of both asset and people resources.
· In collaboration with Human Resources Department, conducts in- depth assessment interviews to determine the technical and behavioral competencies of the candidate to ensure that the best from among the qualified candidates are being hired in the company.
· Designs and develops training programs that are relevant and necessary for the continuous development of the technical competencies of the team.
· Ensures that HIPPAA Notice of Privacy Practices is on display, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health administration or other related field is preferred. Comparable education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in health care management such as but not limited to clinic management, patient management, accounts receivables and payables, and marketing and public relations.
- Strong background in financial management and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management.
- Strong managerial competencies in the areas of leadership and team development, managerial coaching and mentoring, and situational assessment skills and with proven track record in building and developing high performing teams.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package, including PTO, matching retirement plan and 10 paid holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org