Since our founding in 1901, the Toledo Museum of Art has earned a global reputation for the quality of our collection, our innovative and extensive education programs, and our architecturally significant campus.
And thanks to the benevolence of its founders, as well as the continued support of its members, TMA remains a privately endowed, non-profit institution and opens its collection to the public, free of charge.
Facilitates sales in the Museum Store and Collector’s Corner and provides excellent customer service to visitors. Ensures that the store is organized and aesthetically pleasing.
- Provides excellent customer service by being knowledgeable in all areas of store merchandise and policies.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the artists represented in the store and with their work.
- Provides customers with information regarding programs, activities, and products available throughout the Museum.
- Facilitates sales by being knowledgeable in operation of all cash register functions.
- Prepares daily deposits by assembling register pulls and sales reports for deposit.
- Stocks inventory by identifying sales of merchandise and bringing stock from storage out onto floor for display.
- Handles expensive and fragile works of art with care and caution.
- Reports issues, customer complaints, and concerns to management as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1 year of related retail or sales experience required
- Maintains knowledge of art sufficient to recommend exhibition-related merchandise.
- Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Maintains knowledge of TAM database software and ability to sufficiently perform sales, inventory, and order processing function on point-of-service system.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, which includes some evenings and weekends.
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Museum Family Membership
- Employee Discounts in the Museum Store, Café, Studio Art Classes, & More!