The primary purpose of this position is to own the accounts payable process. Responsibilities include accounts payable data entry, processing and printing disbursement requests. The secondary purpose of this position is to provide support as needed to the general accounting function of the department. Responsibilities include general ledger transactions and basic account reconciliations.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Ownership of the Accounts Payable process:
- Disbursement requests: code, review and ensure compliance with the Foundation’s disbursement policies.
- Review accounts payable entries for accuracy.
- Disbursement requests: process disbursements, review for accuracy, print and mail.
- Preparation of 1099 form(s).
- Assist in creating and updating procedures.
- Multi-entity accounts payable.
- Act as a liaison to University stakeholders for matters relating to disbursements (via e-mail, phone, or in-person).
- Prepare, enter, and review routine journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Assist in annual audit.
- Other duties and back-up/cross-training responsibilities as assigned.
- Exceptional positivity and enthusiasm for learning, growing within a team environment, and improving processes.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance or a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a business setting.
- Previous experience with accounting and financial software in a not-for-profit environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Exemplary organization and customer service skills with demonstrated professionalism to internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- General understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify areas of improvement and efficiencies.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Work with a positive attitude.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.