Develop, implement, direct and manage all aspects of a comprehensive planned-giving program in support of the University.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Identify, cultivate and motivate donors to make significant planned gifts.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of planned giving donors and prospects.
- Develop and implement an aggressive and targeted marketing plan for both revocable and irrevocable planned giving opportunities.
- Market the planned-giving program internally, externally and across the university and collaborate with development staff and others as needed for promoting and closing planned gifts.
- Guide and assist in the administration of realized planned gifts.
- Work with donor’s financial and estate planning advisors to promote and close planned-gifts.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with professional financial and estate planning advisors.
- Identify and implement stewardship activities for existing planned giving donors (Heritage Society members).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; J.D., other advanced degree and/or CFRE designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years planned giving experience, either in a development office setting, or as professional financial planning advisor.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of planned giving.
- Experience in higher education fundraising a plus
- Meet yearly goals for visits, proposals, and funds raised.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO FOUNDATION:
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UTF Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University. The Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodations to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at (419) 530-7730 between the hours of 8:15AM and 5:00PM.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.utfoundation.org/about-us/careers.html
Priority will be given to applications received by October 3, 2022.