Job Title: Social Service Case Manager – Bowling Green, Ohio
Exempt/Nonexempt: Nonexempt – 29 hours per week
Corps, Institution or Department: Bowling Green Service Center
Date: March 25, 2021
Reports To: Bowling Green Service Center Director
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB. This position includes having a role in a small but busy social services office and requires assisting clients in direct service, assessing client’s needs, suggesting solutions and/or making referrals to appropriate community agencies that will be able to provide ongoing assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Interviews clients who are requesting emergency assistance such as lodging, housing, clothing, transportation, food and utility assistance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with individuals, groups, local churches, and various social service agencies to better assist in meeting client’s needs. As needed, advocate on behalf of the client with those agencies.
- Based on the client’s needs, provide appropriate referrals to other social service agencies for more in- depth case management and services.
- Provide proper and accurate documentation on case files.
- Maintain daily and monthly record keeping of clientele and services provided by The Salvation Army for internal and external purposes, including present and future grants.
- Identify and report all incidents of gaps in service delivery.
- Remain up to date on the resources, community events, social service agencies, and programs that are available in the community.
- As directed, represent The Salvation Army at meetings/community events.
- Maintain an office job availability binder as well as Job and Community boards.
- Participate in special events that include fundraising and seasonal activities.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Bowling Green Service Center Director and/or Area Coordinators.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
Associates degree in Social Work or related area preferred. Experience in office management and working with the general public.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
Candidate should be an energetic team player and possess great communication and organizational skills showing compassion for those in less fortunate circumstances. Candidate should be Microsoft Office literate and be quick to learn various databases. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Accepting Applications until April 9, 2021
Please send cover letter and resume to: