The Toledo Lucas County Public Library is seeking a Software Applications Specialist. Apply today!
At the Library, we think emerging community investments, opportunities, and national recognition are changing the trajectory of our region. With our incomparable staff and resources, the Library is positioned to fuel this positive momentum. We’re proud to be part of this region of makers, doers, and dreamers and invite you to join us in driving our strategic priorities to create a bright future for the community.
Salary Range: $54K- $73K
Application Deadline: Posted until filled, preference will be given to applicants who apply by September 22, 2022
Under the direction of the agency’s Manager, Assistant Manager, and Systems Engineer, provides Tier 2 technical support for applications relating to O365, Adobe, Google, mobile apps, and others. Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Exchange, Office, OneDrive, Teams, etc. This includes our on-premise Hybrid Active Directory, account creation, MFA, forced password changes, SSOs, distribution groups, email relays, security settings, spam and phishing validation and quarantine, etc.
The incumbent will demonstrate a commitment to the TLCPL’s mission and values including being welcoming, innovative, objective, accountable and collaborative.
- Create and maintain all new and existing accounts.
- Assist in the migration of data, troubleshooting, installing updates, and launching new solutions.
- Support Microsoft Office and other Help Desk calls as the need arises for Library staff and customers.
- Suggest and test future strategies for Office 365 products and services.
- Field staff questions and develop How-To Guides for various applications
- Partner with other departments to evaluate and drive the adoption of new capabilities for Office 365 and related tools, services, and systems.
- Actively supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Promotes a culture where all staff and customers belong.
- Administer Office 365 Exchange Online per the department policies (domains, network policies, transport rules, etc.).
- Monitor Office 365 service health, MFAs, removal of old user accounts, assign staff to specific OUs, and management of services requested.
- Office 365 licensing and spam administration.
- Monitor security and reliability of Exchange Online and Office 365 systems and services along with tracking and escalation of incidents with Office 365 technical support.
- Perform all O365 system administration functions.
- Support the ongoing operation of Microsoft Teams and other related services like One Note, Groups, Yammer & OneDrive
- Align technology solutions with library strategies.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Library.
- An advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills to support an 0365-enterprise tenant running Microsoft Azure with on-premise Hybrid Active Directory, MFA, Exchange, security settings, email relay, and all applications.
- Basic problem-solving skills relative to network access, credentials, OS and server support, and software configuration.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with staff and vendors.
- Ability to be self-directed, organized, detailed, trustworthy, reliable, good work ethic, accountable, and can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow data security procedures and maintain confidentiality.
- Associate degree in computer science or related technical field with three (3) years of equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct customer service experience required.
- One (1) year of I.T. help desk support is preferred.
- O365 certification is preferred.
- CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network certification is preferred
- An Operating System certification (Windows, Mac, or Linux) is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license; must be insured and meet your state’s minimum coverage requirements for auto insurance.
- Must meet insurance eligibility requirements of the Library’s insurance carrier under the Library’s Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
- May be required to drive library-owned or non-library-owned personal vehicles regularly on behalf of library business.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Some off-site travel is required within the county via your personal vehicle.
Evening/weekend and on-call hours are part of the regular schedule.
- Physical Demands: Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, crouching and lifting, pushing/pulling, and handling of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Use of tools and equipment required for diagnostics, repair, installation, and maintenance of tech equipment.