Apply Online: www.sunshine.org/careers/
Speech Language Pathologist
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
- License in the State of Ohio in Speech Pathology
- Prior experience working with Individuals with Autism preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and auto insurance
- Able to pass criminal background, drug screen and physical
Flexible Schedule – Part-Time Speech Therapist to provide speech therapy services off-site in a school setting and at our Sunshine Residential and Vocational Programs.
- Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors upon referral from IP team.
- Participates in developing IP/ISP/IEP’s as a member of a comprehensive evaluation team.
- May work contracted hours at an off-site location as needed
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and nonorganic etiology.
- Provides ongoing consultation to Family Care Home Staff regarding communication programs and assists in development of communication programs.
- Reviews individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation to determine appropriate tests and to ensure that adequate information is available.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Evaluates and monitors individuals.
- Reviews treatment plan, and assesses individual performance to modify, change, or write new programs.
- Maintains records as required by law, establishment’s policy, and administrative regulations.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
- Provides in-service to staff regarding speech language development, deficits and remediation.
- Provides sign language training to staff, volunteers and families as needed.
- Assists with pursuit of augmentative communication devises as needed.
- Bonuses 3x per year
- Flexible Part-Time Schedule
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
- Transportation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Advancement through Sunshine U