The successful candidate will have compassion and empathy for the Cherry Street community. She/he should be a spiritually mature Christian who is able to work with a wide range of people. She/he should have a high energy level and a readiness to take on a significant challenge. The purpose of Cherry Street Mission Ministries should energize this person. We are seeking a leader of deep personal faith, in agreement theologically with Cherry Street. The right individuals will have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and those living in poverty in your community.
Individual Contributor – this role does not have any management or lead responsibilities.
To help create an environment that promotes redemption in a person’s life. This position is responsible for monitoring the daily operational needs of facility while monitoring, assisting and managing guests serving in building services, securing the premises, and maintaining an atmosphere that supports life transformation while providing excellent customer service and hospitality to our guests
- Responsible for engaging with guests and encouraging life development
- Daily fulfillment of operational functions
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities with Volunteer department
- Upholding organizational policies and procedures
- Oversee the cleanliness of the facility by managing and assisting guests in building services
- Oversee safety and security of building by monitoring the flow of individuals in/out of the facility
- Assist in weekly inventory process for re-ordering supplies
- Report emergency situations and incident reporting
- Oversee guest and volunteer check in and attendance
- Identify facility problems and place work orders as necessary
- Model life transformation for guests by attending church regularly, maintaining an active worship and prayer life, studying God’s word, and leading with Christ-like behavior at all time. Provide spiritual guidance to guests as needed.
- Support organization by relentlessly upholding the mission, vision, core values and reputation of Cherry Street Mission Ministries in both behavior and speech
- Attend and complete all Cherry Street Mission Ministry trainings and mandatory staff meetings when offered
- Work routinely requiring team work and cooperation with individuals and groups
Education and Experience
- Minimum education, training or special courses – Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum work experience – 2 to 5 years’ experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- One on one communication
- Participate in meetings
- Conduct meetings or lead group discussions
- Make formal presentations/public speaking
- Advise, consult, provide counsel
- Persuade, negotiate, influence
- Experience with training and supervising people to achieve a motivated workforce
- Positive and pleasant demeanor that reflects maturity and professionalism
- Experience in providing high quality customer service and hospitality
- Comfortable working with computers and able to learn and use software programs
Equipment/Personal Protective Equipment Used
- Desktop computer
Licenses, Certificates, and Other Requirements
- Ability to operate and work with desktop computer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
*As a condition of employment, each team member is required to agree to the Cherry Street Mission Ministries Statement of Faith.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Submit application and resume HERE