Job Title: Teen and Youth Activity Coordinator
Branch: Francis Family YMCA
Position Type: Full Time Hourly
Pay: $14-$15 hour; Plus, Benefits
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you’ll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There’s our fun, challenging work environment. There’s the awesome team and supportive organization. You’ll find that everyone in YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive…we’re not just saying it. You’ll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the guidance of the Program Director, the Teen and Youth Activity Coordinator is responsible for the planning, management and supervision of all branch teen programming (including afterschool activities), sports, camp coordination, and community partnerships to accentuate teen and youth programming at the Francis Family YMCA.
The incumbent should have YMCA, community youth sport, or equivalent Middle/High School teaching and coaching experience. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as recreation or education or 6 years of equivalent professional experience and a High School Diploma is required. Incumbent must possess the inter personal skills and energetic enthusiasm to attract teens into programs. Incumbent must display excellent supervisory, record keeping experience, and dependability.
Current certifications in CPR/First Aid and relevant youth safety certifications are required within first three months of employment. Certifications in relevant YMCA program areas are recommended.
- Plan, implement, and run all programming for sports and teens of the Francis Family YMCA.
- Develop relationships with teen members by being a role model for this population that focuses on the Mission of the YMCA and develops relevant formal and informal programing to grow teen participation at the center.
- Monitor and develop programs for teens after school throughout the school year and offering activities, games, homework help etc. for them on a daily basis.
- Work with Program Director to develop and administer budget, including expense control and income generation. Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding all budget targets.
- Set the proper example at all times by enforcing all safety rules and following YMCA policies.
- Coordinate and operate Summer Camp program in conjunction with summer camps across the Greater Toledo YMCA.
- Operate current youth sport programs for children including soccer and baseball. Develop additional sport offerings as wanted by membership.
- Develop, promote, and foster community partnerships relative to youth and sports that accentuate Francis YMCA offerings and services.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise relevant staff and volunteers for sport and camp programming.
- Participate in a leadership role with the YMCA’s Annual Campaign.
- Be a part of the Greater Toledo YMCA staff leadership team in the areas of sports and teens. Develop program objectives in coordination with Association objectives.
- Work with Program Director to determine appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for program safety including regular inspection and monitoring of supplies and equipment as well as staying current on latest trends in program safety.
- Work as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Support the successful operations of the YMCA by assisting all departments as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbent:
- May use a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally to all children, teens, parents, and members
- Must be able to attend all programming, trainings, and meetings as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours.
- Must be able to work nights and Saturdays (as needed) for successful program operation
- Present a clean, well-groomed appearance
- Ability to run, walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight and be physically active with youth and teens both indoors and outdoors.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptions benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA’s excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
If interested, please send resume electronically to Darryl Kosciak at [email protected]