Salary: $12HR ($24,960) – $16/HR ($33,280)
Thomas M. Wernert Center (TMWC) is looking to fill a vehicle driver position for Toledo/Lucas County area transportation. Driver needed to transport members to and from their homes. Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. No prior DUI violations. CDL license not required. Must pass pre-employment background and drug screening. This position is 40 hours per week with medical, dental, life, short term disability, employee assistance program, retirement (403B), and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide roundtrip transportation for members of the Thomas M. Wernert Center For Mental Health Recovery and Support in a Ford Transit Van or 14 passenger Mini Bus
- Operate all vehicles in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable TMWC policies, procedures, traffic laws and regulations, and vehicle inspections
- Assist with vehicle service, including regular maintenance appointments, maintain cleanliness of interior and exterior, and refueling
- Daily documentation of transportation requests, rider services, and mileage/driver’s log
- Assist riders on and off vehicles, ensure all riders are securely fastened in seat belts at all times
- Operate chairlift to assist riders in boarding vehicles, ensuring they are properly secured
Experience, Educational Qualifications and Abilities
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Email/Outlook), and Internet, including global positioning systems (GPS), mapping programs (MapQuest and Google Maps)
- At least 1-year professional driving required.
- Ability to drive a 14 passenger mini bus preferred
- QStraint experience preferred for securing scooters and/or wheelchairs
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and Saturdays
- Considerable knowledge of and experience driving on Lucas County roads
- Ability to obey all traffic laws and signs, read maps and directions, and use technology to ensure accurate and efficient routes
- Working with adults living with mental illness, substance use disorders, or developmental disabilities preferred
- Will require extended periods of standing or sitting and lifting up to 40lbs
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Pre-employment screenings include criminal background, drug screening, and contacting references.
Please submit a cover letter (can be attached or pasted into email), current resume, and three references to Tonalee Tucker, Finance & Operations Director, via email at [email protected].