Position: Y Achievers Coordinator
Branch: Wayman Palmer YMCA
Position Type: Full time
Wage: $14.00-$16.00 per hour based on experience
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many children we guide, teach, and protect every day. As early education leaders, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares children for elementary school—and beyond? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you’ll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There’s our fun, challenging work environment. There’s the awesome team and supportive organization. You’ll find that everyone in YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare children for school and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, nurturing, positive…we’re not just saying it. You’ll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the supervision of the Wayman Palmer Executive Director and the Y Achievers Director this position is responsible for program delivery to Achiever participants between the ages of 14 and 21 in the area of tutoring, life skills, work readiness, field trips and other components of the program. The Y Achievers Coordinator is responsible for transporting youth home from programming and field trips. As well as coordinating, organizing and planning weekly programming that will engage and support participants to make their monthly goals, and track their progress. The Y Achievers Coordinator will provide monthly and quarterly reports and attend staff meetings upon request. Hours will be non traditional, as the program will take place after school and occasional weekends.
- High School or GED Graduate. Some college preferred. Prior experience working with at-risk teens highly recommended.
- Must possess the necessary organizational skills to supervise, lead, coordinate, facilitate and design activities and programs.
- Must have the necessary computer and technical skills to coordinate participant files and coursework.
- Must possess good public relation skills and have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication with youth, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Maintain a professional attitude toward participants and parents/guardians.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, enroll, and maintain attendance for Achievers participants for site at designated level.
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly program activities.
- Follow-up with and re-engage inactive participants.
- Maintain all necessary records including registration information, calendar attendance sheets and rosters.
- Participate in all required Achievers events and meetings, including monthly All-Site meetings.
- Work to build healthy relationships with the participants and parents/guardians.
- Supervise and monitor Achievers participants during all YMCA activities and coordinate the activities of all other staff including tutor aides and volunteers.
- Work with community agencies to provide services to teens and families.
- Consistently monitor participant’s academic progress.
- Track and produce outcome based data for relevant partners and donors based on the 5 Pillars of the Y Achievers program
- Assist the Youth Specialist to research, plan, develop and implement academic, work readiness, career and life skill activities with an emphasis on values education and increases in quality of life resources.
- Communicate regularly with all participants, parents, supervisor, and Harbor yes vocational specialist.
- Evaluate problems as they arise and develop workable solutions in emotional and tense environments.
- Assist in the development of program budgets and work with supervisors to maintain spending and reimbursement processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate transportation for regular programming and field trips.
- Host periodic parent meetings to encourage social involvement and to disseminate program information and build the relationship.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary for the promotion of the YMCA, Y Achievers and the success of the programs.
- Must be creative, energetic, and flexible and know how to have fun.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you’ll be helping kids with homework and the next you’ll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don’t be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptions benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA’s excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Please submit resumes electronically to Debbie Frison by July 25th at [email protected]