Title: Chief Executive Officer
At Mobile Meals of Toledo our mission is to help sustain independence and enhance the quality of life of individuals served. After 26 years, we are preparing for the succession of our organization’s leadership. We are looking for an experienced professional who embraces our mission and has a vision for what Mobile Meals can be in the future.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Planning, Non-Profit Operations Management, Financial Stewardship, Development, Community Relations and Board Governance. The CEO will play a critical role in shaping and realizing Mobile Meals’ future by working with the board in creating and effectuating a vision for the organization. The ideal candidate will possess a keen understanding of the evolving landscape of nonprofit nutrition services and aging-in-place industries, enabling them to craft a roadmap for Mobile Meals’ growth and impact over the next decade and beyond. By fostering innovation, exploring new service models, and adapting to emerging trends, the CEO will continue Mobile Meals legacy as a key community resource.
The CEO must have, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Experience in nonprofit management is highly preferred.
The CEO must demonstrate leadership, organizational and administrative skills including leading and directing professionals working collaboratively with budget planning and control, staff development, fundraising, Board development and public relations.
- Collaborates with the board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision
- Creates operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board and correlate with annual operating budgets.
- Develops and monitors strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
- Develops future leadership within the organization
- Oversees the operations of organization and manages its compliance with agency bylaws as well as legal and regulatory requirements
- Creates and maintains procedures for implementing plans approved by the board of directors
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Hires, manages, and fires the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Ensures that staff and board have sufficient and up-to-date information
- Prepares and presents a monthly report to the Board of Directors
- Evaluates the organization’s and the staff’s performance on a regular basis
- Oversees staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans and submits budgets for board approval
- Prudently manages the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Ensures that staff practices all appropriate accounting procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provides prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position
- Develops fund raising strategies with the board and supports the board in fund raising activities
- Oversees staff in the development and implementation of fund-raising plans that support strategies adopted by the Development Committee
- Serves as a primary person in donor relationships and the person to make one-on-one fund-raising solicitations
- Oversees staff in the timely submission of grant applications and progress reports for funders
- Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization
- Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Actively advocates for the organization, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and the community, building relationships with peer organizations when appropriate
- Oversees design, delivery, and quality of programs and services
- Stays abreast of current trends related to the organization’s products and services and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on its work
- Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the organization’s program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information
Board Support and Leadership
- Supports operations and administration of the board by advising and informing board members and interfacing between board and staff
- Advises the board in the development of policies and planning recommendations
- Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members and board leadership
- Makes recommendations and supports the board during orientation
Send resumes to [email protected]