Sophia Center: Child Enrichment Worker
Sophia Center’s Helping Families project seeks children-loving individuals to provide child supervision and enrichment activities during parent engagement programming. Sophia Center is a sponsored ministry of the Sylvania Sisters of St. Francis and located on the Lourdes University Campus.
Sophia Center has several grant-funded programs that are designed to support families. Positive Solutions for Families (PSF) is a 7-week workshop series and our hosted Parent Cafés run for three weeks. Each series runs several times a year. While parents attend these sessions, we need several motivated individuals to work with their children who are under 12 years old. Each session is 2-hours with 1 hour of prep.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for caring for children and supervising activities for children under the age of twelve for 2-hour long periods while parents participate in our programs.
- Supervision of a light meal during each session.
- Set-up activities and clean-up.
- The parents will be in the same building as the children.
- Programming held at Sylvania Area Family Services
- Best-practice child to adult ratios will be maintained.
- Preference given to students from related course of study (education social work, psychology)
- Background check will be conducted.
- You must commit to provide 3 hours of child engagement a week for a 3 or 7-week long series.
- 3-hour shifts
- Some programs are scheduled during the day and some early evening. Dates TBD
- Programs are typically held quarterly.
- 3 to 7-week long commitment
- $20 per hour
Send resume to: [email protected]
*You will be asked to provide your address for the last 5-years for background check.