Responsible for processing a diverse range of gift transactions, sometimes of a complex and higher-level nature, in a prompt and accurate manner in addition to other basic accounting functions.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Ownership of the accounts receivable/gift processing process:
- Gift receipt: code, review, ensure compliance with policy.
- Gift receipt: stock, mutual fund, planned gift, gift in kind.
- Gift corrections.
- Pledge receipt: set-up, code, review, restructure.
- Gift acknowledgment letters.
- Pledge reminders.
- Act as a liaison to University stakeholders for matters relating to gifts.
- Prepare routine journal entries.
- Prepare gift account reconciliations.
- Assist in annual audit.
- Assist in calendar year-end tax receipts.
- Other duties and back-up/cross-training responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience in a business setting; One (1) year minimum experience with a Bachelor’s degree; Three (3) years or more without a Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience with donor management software preferred.
- High proficiency level with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to pay strong attention to detail with strong analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- General understanding of accounting principles including fund accounting required.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of the Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Outstanding organizational skills that ensure timely and accurate completion of work products.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.utfoundation.org/about-us/careers.html
Position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by Monday, November 13.