Computer Lab Coordinator
Salary: $16HR ($33,280) – $20HR ($41,600)
Thomas M. Wernert Center (TMWC) is looking for a dynamic, fun, and tech savvy individual to join our team. The Computer Lab Coordinator will manage a 15-station computer lab during scheduled programming and open computer lab hours. Coordinator will have experience using multiple strategies and online tools in imaginative ways to actively engage members in the learning process. Members live with mental illness and are in recovery. Personal or lived experience with mental illness or working with adults living with mental illness and/or substance abuse, developmental disabilities, or related fields in social service preferred. This position is 40 hours per week with medical, dental, life, short term disability, employee assistance program, retirement (403B), and paid time off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight and development of programs and scheduling of Computer Lab activities.
- Must be present in Lab while in use by members.
- Provide one-on-one and group computer instruction at varying member levels, taking into account individual member’s abilities and interests. Goal is engagement.
- Conduct basic introduction to computer skills, including: keyboard/typing instruction, terminology, navigating the computer/browser/mouse, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet searches, and familiarity with Lumosity and Kahn Academy or similar programs.
- Monitor appropriate music, Internet searches, and online resources to ensure adherence to TMWC Guidelines and Policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstations and lab area; basic troubleshooting of equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and members using the Computer Lab for grants and data reports
- Maintain Annual Computer Lab budget.
Experience, Educational Qualifications and Abilities
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Instruction experience with knowledge of computers through personal or work experience
- Knowledge of Computer Lab operation including troubleshooting and technical support
- Personal or lived experience with mental illness preferred
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Needs minimal or no oversight to complete duties
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population in a team environment.
- Valid Driver’s License and must maintain a satisfactory driving record.
Pre-employment screenings include criminal background, drug screening, and contacting references.
Please submit a cover letter (can be attached or pasted into email), current resume, and three references to via email at [email protected] by Wednesday, November 22, 2023.