Job Title: Community Resource Advisor
Job Status: Permanent, Part-Time, Hourly and Non-exempt – Remote
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Provides information and referral services by phone and electronically to the public and community professionals and ensures the accuracy and completeness of the 2-1-1 database.
- Interviews inquirer to conduct a thorough assessment of needs and identifies resources.
- Advocates for the inquirer, when necessary, to assist in contacting and utilizing resources.
- Conducts follow-up to ensure that the inquirer’s needs have been met.
- Uses crisis management techniques in accordance with agency procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
- Completes all required initial and ongoing training.
- Assists with community outreach activities as assigned by the management team.
- Maintains all legal requirements for confidentiality of client records.
- Assists in updating and maintaining the 2-1-1 database adhering to database standards.
- Assists agencies seeking inclusion in the 2-1-1 database, adhering to inclusion processes.
- Monitors community media (print or internet) for new services, programs and agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, or a combination of a high school degree and minimum of 2 years professional experience in the human services field.
- Experience responding to people in crisis desired.
- Completes training all initial and on-going trainings including presentations, independent study, and coaching.
- Willingness and ability to meet AIRS (Alliance of Information & Referral Systems, Inc.) certification standards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills necessary.
- A team-player and a positive attitude are necessary.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of human service delivery systems.
- Responds in a professional, nonjudgmental manner when interacting with all populations.
- Utilizes de-escalation techniques as needed.
Requires working outside of normal business hours to include on-call, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is required to work out of approved home office setting.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and other tasks are required. This would require the ability to lift, push, pull, reach, bend or stand, talk and hear as necessary as well as require the ability to lift at least 20lbs.
Apply with resume and cover letter no later than April 2, 2021.
Sandra De Steno, 2-1-1 Director – email@example.com
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted only on the basis of job-related criteria and without regard to age, color, familial status, gender, gender identification, marital status, national origin, non-job-related disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veterans’ status. EOE