Job Title: Community Service Worker
Exempt/Nonexempt: Non-Exempt, FT Hourly, $15/hour
Corps, Institution or Department: Social Service Department
Date: March 11, 2021
Reports To: Associate Area Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB. This position includes having a role in a small but busy social services department and requires assisting clients in direct service, assessing client’s needs, and suggesting solutions and/or making referrals to
appropriate community agencies that will be able to provide ongoing assistance.
COVID -19 UPDATE During this time of pandemic, there is a special need to plan, implement no contact social programs
which provide significant help to the NW Ohio community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Interview and counsel clients who are requesting emergency assistance such as rent, utility, food, transportation.
- Manage and track all funding sources within policy limitations.
- Assist with Diaper bank.
- Maintain a well-stocked food pantry and assist with Choice food pantry.
- Be able to learn and navigate data entry for Salvation Army database, Pantry Trak and HMIS.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of seasonal assistance such as Tools for Schools and Christmas Toy shop.
- Be familiar with and maintain roster of community resources to refer clients to appropriate agencies for assistance.
- When needed, advocate on client’s behalf with other community agencies.
- Maintain accurate client files in compliance with policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Submit accurate monthly reports.
- Track outcome measures.
- As directed, represent The Salvation Army at meetings/community events.
- Participate in events that require all hands-on deck such as fundraising events and seasonal events.
- Complete any other related duties as specified by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage WEP workers (Work experience program)
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
Associates degree and some experience in office management and working with the general public
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. Must operate a vehicle safely, and maintain a Valid Driver License. Candidate should possess great communication and organizational skills and be quick to learn various databases.
Send resumes to: Elizabeth.Schwandt@use.salvationarmy.org by March 25, 2021.