Sunshine Communities, Inc.
Send Resumes to: [email protected]
Founded in 1950, Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various settings including at our Maumee campus and at homes within the community.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will be responsible for a variety of daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities. The Corporate Accountant is also expected to make recommendations to the Director of Finance & CFO for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Performs Medicaid billing functions, ensuring that data is correct and transmitted in a timely manner to funding agencies and/or customers via electronic submissions, invoices or statements as applicable.
- Work with funding agencies to resolve payment discrepancies
- Reconciles miscellaneous payments via the billing module
- Prepare & maintain monthly accrual entries
- Create monthly financial reporting package for submission to management
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Assists in the preparation of the annual audit, budget and Medicaid cost reports
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and issues
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Five years’ prior experience in the accounting/general ledger/accruals/financial reporting areas.
- Must be PC proficient and have strong experience with Microsoft Excel (formulas, functions, pivot tables and charts), PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work.