Accountant – Grant Programs
Neighborhood Health Association- The job of the Accountant II was established for the purpose/s of performing a variety of financial activities including processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information as well as analyzing expenditures against budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary focus of this position will be managing the fiscal reporting for our grant programs, including but not limited to:
- preparing requests for funds
- preparing budget revisions
- preparing progress reports
- preparing budgets for new grant programs
- recording grant related journal entries in internal accounting software (Great Plains)
- comparing grant expenses to revenue to ensure program losses are not incurred
- meeting with external grant project managers as needed
- attending required grant seminars for program compliance as needed
- working with grant program managers, CFO and CEO to ensure timely filing of grant reporting, including applications, expense reports, progress reports, etc.
- maintaining internal grant drawdown reports for readily accessible information
- various other grant or finance related tasks as needed
- Provide assistance as requested in other areas of the Finance Department, such as preparing financial statements, processing payables and payroll, etc.
- Must display knowledge and understanding of accounting and auditing principles, practices and procedures
- Knowledge in financial and statistical record-keeping techniques
- Ability to prepare comprehensive accounting reports and utilize computer applications, particularly electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, procedures, transmittals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information and/or complying with financial, legal and administrative requirements.
- Work with the CFO to document payments and expenditures and prepare progress reports.
- Promote and monitor compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing federal and state healthcare programs, fraud and abuse matters, ethics, privacy, security, and board governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting highly preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Must be highly organized and manage time effectively.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office Applications.
This is a full-time salary position, Monday – Friday, no weekends or holidays
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a matching retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, 11 paid holidays and generous PTO.
Please provide your salary requirements when you apply to be considered for an interview for this position.
Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, and health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full-service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job at https://nhainc.bamboohr.com/careers/122