Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Controller
Hours: 40 hours, M-F, full-time with occasional evenings/weekends, hourly, nonexempt, hybrid position, must live in Toledo, OH area
SUMMARY: Assists the organization with the accounts payable, payroll, receivables, internal and external fund reporting, division finances, and clerical and administrative functions.
- Minimum Associates degree in Business/Accounting preferred or commensurate with experience
- Three to five years of office and financial experience required with proficiency in accounting software
- Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word.
- Previous accounting entries and processing, payroll, healthcare, non-profit, payroll, grants reporting experience highly preferred.
- Extensive digital and original documentation processing experience.
- Experience with financial audits.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes fiscal and payroll duties to meet scheduled deadlines through a multi-step process.
- Manages all accounting forms, including updates and revisions.
- Assists Controller, Assistant Controller, and other divisions as necessary.
- Assists in monthly closings and final closeouts of funds/contracts.
- Provide staff /vendors with proof of payment.
- Provide guidance/education to staff to communicate accounting.
- Acquire internal and external reporting skills for individual funds.
- Performs filing, scanning, digital, and physical storage (required in office) of maintained accounting.
- Assists with annual audits and funder audits.
- Complete correspondence as needed.
- Assists with mailings and general clerical work.
- Assists management and special projects as needed.
- Other duties as required.
If interested and qualified for this position email cover letter, and resume to Tina Hacker, HR Director at [email protected] or fax to 419-842-0999.
HCNO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women, minorities and qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package.