Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Inc. (LAWO), a non-profit law firm that provides free legal help in civil legal matters to eligible individuals and groups in western Ohio, seeks an administrative assistant for its Toledo office.
The administrative assistant will be responsible for providing case management, administrative, and secretarial support to LAWO.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Have relevant secretarial experience and excellent secretarial skills.
- Have experience with and possess proficiency in computer skills, word processing, e-mail, and calendaring software in a Windows environment.
- Relate well with low-income individuals, be dependable, competent, trustworthy, and have a commitment to legal services and working with low-income individuals.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of skill and familiarity with computer systems and software appropriate for effective case management and delivery of legal services through telecommunications systems or other means, including Internet and other network systems.
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of interpersonal communication, especially relating to effective telephone communication and effective written and oral communication.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and initiative and adhere to the confidential nature of the firm and its practice.
- Possess good organizational skills and have the capacity to meet deadlines in a multi-function office environment.
- Valid driver’s license preferred, have a good driving record and hold and maintain automobile insurance at all times during employment with LAWO.
- Law office or public services experience a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish language is preferred but not required.
Competitive salary based on relevant experience; comprehensive fringe benefits.
To Apply: Please visit https://www.lawolaw.org/careers-with-lawo/ to submit your application. Position will remain open until filled.
LAWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and places a high value on diversity in our workplace, including diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and physical ability. We strive to create an environment welcoming to all individuals and we encourage applications from individuals traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview/application process should contact the recruitment coordinator at [email protected].