Develop and coordinate digital fundraising strategies to inspire giving and build sustained support for The University of Toledo. Serve as a point of contact with digital vendor partners to ensure effective targeting strategies are in place to encourage donor support. Work collaboratively with the Development and Alumni Relations teams, as well as assigned college and campus partners to increase donor participation and annual donations.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Independently develop and execute annual strategic plan to encourage donor acquisition and retention through digital strategies such as crowdfunding, email, texting, special campaigns such as Day of Giving and standalone giving pages.
- Assist with the implementation and review of a strong data-driven solicitation system by proactively measuring and tracking digital fundraising efforts with the help of IT and vendor partners to drive growth and performance.
- Ensure best practices are developed and followed while also keeping pace with trends in the industry.
- Coordinate direct mail solicitations when needed particularly to compliment online strategies.
- Collaborate with Advancement staff and campus partners to cultivate and steward donors with a focus on moving donors to higher giving levels to ensure continued annual support.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, goal planning, and other tasks as needed for special campaigns including Day of Giving.
- Respond to needs/concerns of donors regarding fundraising efforts
- Create customized giving reports for development staff, deans, donors and faculty as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ development or comparable experience
- Experience in development and execution of strategic plans
- Experience in budget management and statistical analysis
- Ability to learn industry specific donor software
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Demonstrate ability to function in a confidential manner.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with other staff.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO FOUNDATION:
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University. The Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodations to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at (419) 530-7730 between the hours of 8:15AM and 5:00PM.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply at: www.utfoundation.org/about-us/careers.html
Position will remain open until filled.