Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers and a full service pharmacy with lab services on site.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
This position functions as executive/administrative to ensure all medical clinical objectives are met with regards to medical services provided. Responsible for development and implementation of new programs for NHA services. Acts as liaison to other community agencies. Responsible for management and continuity of Quality Assurance activity, acting as coordinator. Ensures federal requirements are met for Health Care Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Director in management of new clinical initiatives with providers.
· Assist the Director in the development of additional clinical site services to meet client needs.
· Assures clinic services are in alignment with patient needs, physician standards and agency mission
· Key member of the Quality Assurance committee, coordinates activities, follows agency required initiatives
· Ensure the policies and procedures for all medical support staff are followed on a consistent basis and following the disciplinary policy as needed if standards are not maintained.
· Maintains professionalism and confidentiality with staff and management
· Oversees and reviews clinical statistics and reports for grant development and funding source audits
· Provides sufficient staff contact to adequately supervise and evaluate skills and functioning of positions of direct report
· Clearly communicates and reinforces agency mission, priorities and goals to staff
· Participates and is available for medical and provider staff meetings
· Assures staff compliance with NHA policies and protocols
· Communicates clearly and assertively
· Sees problems/issues/projects through to completion with attention to detail in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines
· Works in conjunction with other medical, medical support, and management staff to provide a team approach to treatment
· Represents NHA at functions as directed by the Director of Medical Support Staff
· Other related duties as assigned
· Registered Nurse from an accredited school.
· Ohio licensed RN, BSN preferred.
· Five (5) years experience in staff and program development
· Five (5) years experience in supervision/management with three (3) years experience managing complex, multi-specialty clinics.
Experience in community health nursing working with underserved populations highly preferred.
· Ability to work independently.
· Computer literate (MS Word, XP, Excel, Power Point)
· Excellent verbal and written skills, (a writing sample will be requested)
· Ability to meet new challenges with a positive attitude, flexibility
· Proactive in seeking solutions/problem-solving.
· Initiative and ability to use sound judgment in the absence of specific orders
· Ability to work under demanding conditions.
· Good organization skills.
· Good, expedient decision maker.
· Thorough understanding of JACHO and Patient Centered Medical Home Requirements.
This is a full-time exempt position
This position is Full-Time Monday – Friday, no evenings, weekends or holidays.
Excellent benefits including PTO and 10 paid holidays.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
Please reply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org