Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
To work as a Behavioral Technician at Sunshine, you must have a strong interest in providing engagement and care to Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- High School Diploma or GED / 18 years or older
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and Auto Insurance
- Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical & able to lift 60 lbs.
- Prior Direct Support Experience with behaviors
- Experience using behavior techniques and other behavioral strategies and experience in mental health
Behavior Techs are assigned multiple locations to provide behavioral support and engagement to the Individuals supported at Sunshine. Responsibilities include the following:
- Consistently implement all aspects of the Individual Plans (ISP/IP), while functioning as a Direct Support Professional in various sites.
- Accurately records behavior and program data and any other required agency documentation.
- Utilizes behavior based tools and direct observation reports in collaboration with the Behavior Support Specialist.
- Maintains regular communication with team regarding client progress or barriers encountered with prescribed interventions.
- Uses active treatment and prescribed protocols to help stabilize individuals with severe challenging behaviors and teach alternative replacement barriers.
- Attends and participates in all multi-disciplinary team meetings that pertain to the individuals on their caseload as required.
- Attends all required trainings and professional development meetings as required.
- Behavior Technician are scheduled in ratio for direct support professional shifts in addition to administrative Behavior Tech hours as directed by the Behavior Support Specialist.
- Serves as lead trainer to assigned site as part of that site’s staffing ratio and assists in transition planning when the Behavior Technician will be faded as an additional support to the individual and site staff.
- All other duties as assigned by the Behavior Support Specialist.
- This position requires the ability to work a variety of shifts during the day time and every other weekend/as needed.
- Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
- Bonuses 4x per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
- Attendance Incentives
- Transportation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Advancement through Sunshine U