The Communications Coordinator role is a full-time, salaried, entry-level position. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 portfolio examples of work highlighting design and writing skills before December 31, 2021.
The National Museum of the Great Lakes seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and strategic problem-solver to help execute and support the organization’s communications and marketing needs. Qualified applicants must have strong graphic design and writing skills and should be able to manage multiple projects and work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment. A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or communications, or the equivalent in education and experience is preferred but not required. Working knowledge of the following software and applications is also preferred: Constant Contact, Adobe Products (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), Canva, Microsoft Office (including Word & Powerpoint), Social Media (including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter), WordPress, Google Drive / G-Suite products. In addition, the ideal candidate would have a passion for and/or interest in history, museums, and the Great Lakes.
Position Purpose / Summary
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting all external communications including email, print, social media, and online communication. The individual will also support the communication and advertising strategy; assist in museum events; and perform other administrative tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of the museum’s overall strategic communications and advertising plan with a particular focus on the travel industry, museum store and membership, and visitor marketing and advertising needs.
- Provide both design and writing assistance for member, visitor, and donor communication tools including but not limited to visitor guides, event branding, newsletters (both electronic and print), website, fundraising, and advertising needs.
- Assist in the creation and scheduling of member, visitor, and donor email marketing.
- Provide design assistance for museum publications and temporary and traveling exhibits.
- Assist in media and press relations and in social media strategy and implementation.
- Assist in event coordination and marketing.
Status: Full Time Salaried, Entry-level position
Salary: $30,000 – $33,000 per year
Benefits: PTO / Vacation Time, Health Insurance
Reports to: Senior Director of Institutional Advancement
Location: Hybrid work environment (in-office and remote)
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 portfolio examples of work highlighting design and writing skills before December 31, 2021 to [email protected] No phone calls, please.