Black Swamp Conservancy is an accredited land trust serving northwest Ohio and the Western Lake Erie Basin. The Conservancy is seeking to hire a Communications and Outreach Manager to join our staff in protecting the region’s natural communities and family farms.
Reporting to the Executive Director and in collaboration with the entire Conservancy team and its community partners, the Communications and Outreach Manager (Manager) leads Black Swamp Conservancy’s external communications and engagement with the public. The Manager’s duties and responsibilities extend to all aspects of advancing the Conservancy’s mission, including website and social media management, electronic and print communications, and serving as the liaison for media relations..
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least two years non-profit experience, preferably with a land trust or similar conservation organization.
- Strong writing, storytelling and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing electronic communications including website management, social media and email marketing.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Experience developing and stewarding an annual communications strategy and plan.
- Graphic design, digital formatting, other creative/artistic skills.
- Experience with constituent or donor database management.
- An interest in and knowledge of nature and outdoor recreation.
More than anything, Black Swamp Conservancy is looking for …
A highly-motivated, creative, organized and detail oriented self-starter with a passion to serve our land conservation mission.
Black Swamp Conservancy’s office is dog-friendly and located on a protected property south of Perrysburg, Ohio, surrounded by woodlands and prairie. The Conservancy offers a competitive compensation package including health insurance and retirement match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please respond by submitting a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and writing sample (in Word or PDF format) to [email protected]. This position will be open until filled. No phone calls, please.
About Black Swamp Conservancy
Black Swamp Conservancy currently protects more than 175 properties covering more than 21,900 acres and representing some of our region’s finest family farms, wetlands, woodlands and other open spaces. We have many active projects in process including large-scale stream and wetland restoration projects.