A Community Health Worker (CHW) will work closely with individuals who typically are low income, are pregnant, have young children or have a chronic disease and who experience obstacles in obtaining healthcare and or social services. Through in person home visits and using PCHI (Pathways Community Hub Institute) materials, the CHW will assist clients with completing a needs assessment and finding community resources which reduce their barriers to care and help ensure that the client is knowledgeable about accessing healthcare, specific health related needs/concerns and community resources.
Essential Job Functions:
|· Conduct in-person neighborhood outreach to vulnerable, underserved populations (men, women, all age ranges) to find individuals with chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension/high blood pressure, a pregnant individual or those of maternal age.
· Network with community members and neighborhood leaders.
· Enroll underserved individuals in the Pathways program.
· Work one on one with clients and their family to reduce barriers keeping them from accessing health services and community resources.
· Educate clients about the importance of preventative health care; provide basic education to ensure an understanding of their health conditions.
· Detailed documentation within 48 hours in online portal.
· Must have basic computer skills and knowledge.
· Communicate with client’s health care providers and insurers as necessary to provide coordination of care.
· Ability to restrain from imposing one’s personal values on others.
· Attend all Care Coordinator meetings as scheduled.
· Communicate in person, over the phone and in writing to a variety of diverse individuals.
· Strong ability to work with individuals with a wide range of health needs including cancer.
· Strong ability to work remotely and independently.
Please send resume to: [email protected]