PLEASE SUBMIT INTEREST BY 02/05/2024
Come Serve With Us
We care about access to affordable housing, climate change, helping people get into good paying jobs, safety and justice, social determinants of health, youth engagement, and all things that make communities good places for people to live, work, and play. Join us and earn while you learn!
Who We Are
The Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board’s (TLCHB) mission is to further collaboration and accelerate solutions to end homelessness. We envision a Lucas County where everyone has a safe, healthy, accessible, and affordable place that they are proud to call home. TLCHB is also the home of our area’s Continuum of Care (CoC), which is a local planning body that coordinates housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals.
What You Will Do
As the Community Liaison, you will support the CoC by building knowledge of community resources to meet the holistic needs of people, coordinating community education efforts, supporting continuum-wide trainings, representing the organization at various community meetings and conferences, supporting communication to internal and external partners, planning special events including Point-in-Time count, and completion of Housing Inventory Count, participating in local and statewide tenant protection initiatives , and developing and maintaining a database containing vacancies, landlords, and landlord rental criteria.
When You Serve with Us
- Earn a $25,500 stipend payable by bimonthly direct deposit.
- Earn an additional $6,895 education benefit to pay down qualifying student loan debt or to continue your education.
- Access to health insurance program at no premium cost to you.
- Available childcare assistance benefit, if eligible.
- Participate in a 3-day, in-person leadership conference in Indianapolis, IN, in March 2024.
- Receive ongoing coaching, mentorship, and professional development.
What Your Work Environment Will Be
An 11-month position where you will typically serve 40 hours a week, normally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends. You will report in person at our office and will be required to travel locally for meetings and community events.
We Welcome You to Apply If You
- Have lived experience or an interest in working with a diverse group of people.
- Identify as any generation but are at least 17 years old.
- Possess unexpired proof of status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Consent to complete a criminal history check, which is required for all candidates. Don’t let this stop you! A criminal record does not mean a person cannot serve, and if this is a concern, reach out to Beth Romeo at [email protected].
- LISC AmeriCorps is available to everyone eligible to serve. We treat all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is made possible through a partnership between Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), AmeriCorps, and Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board (TLCHB). To learn more about LISC AmeriCorps, visit www.lisc.org/americorps. To learn more about TLCHB, visit www.endinghomelessnesstoledo.org.
Questions or Ready to Apply Now?
Email your resume and optional cover letter to Julie Embree at [email protected] and
Beth Romeo at [email protected]. Please include the organization name
and position you are applying for in your email. PLEASE SUBMIT BY 02/05/2024