Write, modify, and test code and scripts that allow computer software and applications to function properly.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned.
- Code and test programming for internal and external websites
- Execute code builds to test and production environments
- Fix bugs in existing code
- Collaborate with all departments and teams within the organization
- Provide testing, documentation, training, and support for third-party software products
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in computer technology or related field required; Bachelor’s preferred; Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in software development required; 3 years’ preferred
- Proven experience with Object-Oriented Programming languages (Java, C++, VB.NET)
- Experience with programming and implementing Power BI and DAX strongly preferred
- Direct experience with Agile software development methodologies a plus
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
- Track record of successful application development
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success. Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UTF and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written and verbal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills
- Function in a confidential manner
- Collaborate with other staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodations to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at (419) 530-7730 between the hours of 8:15AM and 5:00PM.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.utfoundation.org/about-us/careers.html