Position Title: COORDINATOR, OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT
Department: IMPACT & OUTREACH
Location: TOLEDO OFFICE
FLSA Job Status: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Salary Range: $35,000 – 40,000
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Manager of Outreach & Engagement, with a dotted line to the Sr. Director of Outreach & Engagement, the Coordinator of Outreach will be responsible for aiding the Department of Impact & Outreach at United Way of Greater Toledo. This person will be a key support for United Way’s internal and external communications, marketing efforts, volunteer efforts and external outreach efforts.
Keen organizational and listening skills are key, as this role will coordinate various projects for the team at-large, as well as directly manage some of United Way’s digital outlets.
The Impact and Outreach Department encompasses individuals who oversee United Way’s community programming functionalities, engagement strategy, public relations, communications and advocacy outreach.
- Be a helpful member of the team, assisting colleagues with tasks related to varying impact, communications and outreach projects, as assigned
- Manage the organization’s communications and email calendar, ensuring that tasks are being completed by United Way staffers and that the team meets objectives
- Creating content for social media, with the oversight of the Manager of Outreach & Engagement. This includes tracking basic analytics, creating graphics in Canva and utilizing scheduling tools
- Creating content for email marketing, with the oversight of the Manager of Outreach & Engagement, who will guide themes, topics, etc.
- Making content or image-based updates to United Way of Greater Toledo’s website, when needed
- Uploading community volunteer opportunities to United Way’s volunteer platforms
- Reaching out to United Way partners and community groups for ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Supporting United Way volunteer groups by sending meeting invites, taking meeting notes, generating follow-up communications and creating online events for gatherings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 or more years of professional experience in the expectations / areas listed above
- Strong listening, writing skills and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex information is a must
- Professional or academic background in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, etc.
- Those who hold a bachelor’s degree, GED/H.S. diploma will be considered
- Knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Experience or willingness to learn platforms such as Canva, Eventbrite and Google Drive applications
- Go-getter attitude with a great sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions; receives feedback from others well.
As a representative within the Department of Impact & Outreach, you are expected to uphold our organizational values on diversity, equity and inclusion. To increase access to education, financial stability, health and housing services, we must accurately understand the role in which racism, homophobia, xenophobia, ageism, ableism, classism, etc. has restricted a person’s ability to receive the human services they deserve. This knowledge and understanding allows the department to better advocate for those in our community, as well as appropriately tell their stories.
Submit resumes to: Kellie.email@example.com