About Humane Ohio
Humane Ohio is a 501(c)(3)non-profit low-cost spay/neuter clinic that serves pet parents, people caring for free-roaming community cats, animal shelters and rescue groups. Our mission is to end dog and cat overpopulation in our community. We offer low-cost spay/neuter prices because of private donations and grants help off-set the true, higher cost of spay/neuter procedures.
Looking for an energetic and passionate customer service oriented animal lover to join our team at Humane Ohio. If you enjoy client interaction, are detail oriented, enjoy data entry, and working at fast pace while also helping dogs and cats, this may be the job for you! Full time and part time positions available.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The normal working schedule for the position will be determined upon hire. Full time shifts are generally 7:30am-4:00pm or 9:30am-6:00pm and part time shifts are 7:30am-2pm and 12:30pm-6pm (hours are subject to change).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with the daily operation of the “front end” of the clinic and the provision of services and supplies to clients. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting clients upon arrival and answering questions
- Educate clients about spay/neuter and other clinic services
- Checking in and discharging clients
- Making medical recommendation phone calls
- Entering client and patient data in computer per established procedures and guidelines
- Collecting payments in person and over the phone
- Scheduling of clients and patients
- Answering multi-line phone system
- Maintain order and safety in the office at all times
- Maintaining office area cleanliness
- Create reports through clinic software
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in customer service, with good general office, computer and phone skills (2 years)
- Ability to be “in-charge”, yet calm and respectful at all times
- Ability to organize, prioritize and pay attention to detail
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and get the job done
- Compassionate; values the relationship between humans and animals
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift/carry up to 30 pounds
- Experience in a veterinary office setting is a plus
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
All persons entering the building are required to wear a mask. Plexiglass is installed at the front desk for the safety of staff & clients, as well as limiting the number of clients in the lobby. Hand sanitizer is readily available for everyone. Temperature screenings is done for all staff members upon arrival.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via Indeed