Data and Web Solutions Architect
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Reporting to the Manager of Innovation and Strategy, Web Solutions Architect is responsible for the accessibility, measurement and storytelling of the Toledo Lucas County Public Library’s digital brand including but not limited to the website, web applications, and vendor products/software.
The incumbent will have exemplary customer service skills and will ensure a customer service culture within the sphere of responsibility and will demonstrate a commitment to TLCPL’s mission and values by supporting and promoting a culture that is welcoming, innovative, objective, accountable and collaborative.
- Tell a story through data by leading analysis efforts, identify trends, and providing recommendations to improve performance.
- Build visualizations based on data and then present to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Perform on-going accessibility audits and provide solutions for both physical and digital spaces.
- Build web forms using JotForm, Survey Monkey, Microsoft Forms, or a related application.
- Actively supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Promotes a culture where all staff and customers belong.
- Ability to manage multiple projects between multiple stakeholders with close attention to detail.
- Comfortable showing unfinished work to clients and users.
- An understanding of and deep appreciation for the topic of user experience and a drive to stay up-to-date with the continually evolving landscape.
- Self-starter who takes initiative in solving problems and can self-manage commitments and deadlines.
- Willingness to experiment with new web technology.
- Experience building data visualizations or dashboards using tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau to then present those findings identifying trends and best practices.
- Experience running accessibility testing using Section 508, VPAT, WCAG, Google Lighthouse, WAVE, or other accessibility tools.
- Passion to find the best customer experience using A/B or split testing.
- An understanding of how data can be used between systems and applications using frameworks and tools.
- An understanding of modular concepts, responsive web design principles, and how it relates to the User Experience.
- Deep desire to manage all aspects of communication ensuring deadlines are met using a project management system like Wrike, Asana, Trello, Basecamp, etc.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mathematics, Economics, Library Science, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or related field.
- Preferred minimum of one year (1) work experience in a data-related field.
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience and/or one (1) year of experience
leading project teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- High attention to detail and driven to meet deadlines.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude and be willing to take on any task that might help take a product, service, or brand further.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- You’re a naturally curious person, have a strong sense of humility, and deeply care about solving the right problem.
To apply, please visit https://www.toledolibrary.org/jobs.