We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Data Quality Analyst to join our team. The Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our data through coding changes and updates, identifying incorrect or missing data, managing and updating the data dictionary, establishing rules for data entry, and checking for incorrect, inconsistent, or missing data points. Additionally, the Data Quality Analyst will play a crucial role in managing the update of incorrect, inconsistent, or missing data points, evaluating and tweaking databases and processes, and ensuring data quality throughout the organization.
- Coding Changes and Updates: Collaborate with the development team to implement coding changes and updates to improve data quality and integrity.
- Identify Incorrect or Missing Data: Utilize data analysis techniques to identify instances of incorrect or missing data, troubleshoot data issues, and resolve discrepancies.
- Management and Update of Data Dictionary: Maintain and update the organization’s data dictionary, ensuring accurate and consistent definitions of data elements across systems and processes.
- Rules for Data Entry: Establish data entry rules and guidelines to ensure consistent and accurate data input, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Checking for Incorrect, Inconsistent, or Missing Data Points: Regularly perform data quality checks and audits to identify and rectify incorrect, inconsistent, or missing data points, utilizing both manual and automated methods.
- Manage the Update of Incorrect, Inconsistent, or Missing Data Points: Collaborate with data owners and stakeholders to correct and update erroneous data, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the data lifecycle.
- Database and Process Evaluation and Tweaks: Evaluate existing databases and data management processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement necessary tweaks to enhance data quality and efficiency.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience in data analysis, data quality management, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., SQL) for coding changes and updates.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with data dictionaries and metadata management.
- Experience with database management systems (e.g., SQL) and data manipulation tools.
- Knowledge of Salesforce an asset.
- Knowledge of data quality frameworks, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in data quality management.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success.
- Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of The University of Toledo Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to:
- Provide quality customer service.
- Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions.
- Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function in a confidential manner.
- Collaborate with other staff.
The University of Toledo Foundation
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Advancement functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University. The Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodation