Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity (MVHFH) is a nonprofit housing organization that brings people together to build homes, community and hope in Lucas County. Our vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We work toward this vision by building and improving homes in partnership with individuals and families in need of a decent and affordable place to live.
The Development and Engagement Director, working in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees, leads the development and implementation of MVHFH’s comprehensive strategies for fundraising, volunteer recruitment and retention, and marketing and communications. This role is a key member of the executive leadership team, that manages a dynamic team of six resource development managers and engagement professionals who are responsible for the execution of departmental strategies.
Major Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Responsible for developing fundraising strategies that support both a multi-year strategic plan and the annual fundraising financial targets of $3.5 Million+ to support the operating budget. Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate all fundraising activities that meet these short- and long-range fundraising goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development of innovative grant, corporate, individual, and in-kind giving programs. Supervise, develop, and lead four managers responsible for the execution of these programs.
- Create, cultivate, and maintain select important relationships with high target donors, including identification, strategy development, solicitation, data tracking, and stewardship.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a volunteer program that recruits and retains 2,000 volunteers annually. Supervise, develop, and lead the Volunteer Manager who is responsible for the execution of these programs.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the marketing and communications plan. Supervise, develop, and lead the Marketing and Communications Manager in the execution of plans that supports public relations and public outreach including, but not limited to, design and production of annual report, newsletters, brochures, appeals, press as well as all print and social media promotions and signage at all key affiliate activities.
Priority Qualifications, Certifications, and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a focus on non-profit management, marketing, sales, project management, and/or public relations preferred. Masters degree and/or CFRE also preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of professional development and fundraising experience involving securing resources from individuals, foundations, government grants, and corporations.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with a Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Salary and Benefits include:
- Starting Annual Salary Range: $92,000 to $98,000
- Full-time salaried, exempt
- Healthcare Benefits through a QSEHRA reimbursement plan
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- 401k Matching program
- Hybrid work schedule
- Send resume and cover letter to Erin McPartland, MVHFH Executive Director at [email protected]
- Visit https://www.mvhabitat.org/main/work-with-us/ for the full job description