- Bonuses – paid out 4 times a year based on quarterly wages!!
- Great Dietary Community Cook position with training! Work with Sunshine’s other cooks and Dietary Manager. Work at our community homes to prepare and manipulate daily meals.
- Must be able to work every other weekend
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
To work as a Cook or Community Food Technician, you need to have a strong interest in preparing quality meals for all Individuals. Reliability and consistency in meal preparation is essential to excelling as a Cook.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and Auto Insurance
· 18 years or older
· Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical
· Minimum 1 year of education in cooking preferred
The Cook prepares and cooks well balanced and palatable meals for Individuals at our Base Campus, Family Care Homes and Supported Living Homes through-out the community. Duties include running grocery errands, delivering food and preparing meals based on specific dietary needs.
· Cooks food by following menu, standardized recipes and production sheet for all meals ensuring alternatives are available.
· Prepares food and beverages based on Individual preferences and diet orders.
· Follows therapeutic diets as prescribed by physician/dietician.
· Responsible for grocery shopping based on menus and each home’s food budget.
· Works collaboratively as part of the team with home staff, manager and dietary manager to provide fresh, high quality food and services.
· Ensures home’s kitchen and equipment is maintained in clean working order by following cleaning schedule, operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining replacement parts inventory, performing preventative maintenance, notifying management when repairs are necessary.
· Follows safe food handling procedures, monitor/document temperature of meal through preparation and service to ensure temperatures are maintained throughout meal service.
· Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)
· Bonuses quarterly
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid Training
· Paid Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
· Access to a Success Coach
· Interest Free Tuition and Emergency Loans
· Attendance Incentives
· Transportation Assistance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Training & Advancement through Sunshine U
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- No experience needed
- Under 1 year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- Restaurant experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)