Sunshine is excited to announce new wage increases for Direct Support Professionals. We are now starting wages at $13 per hour.
Apply online at: www.sunshine.org/careers/
Sunshine has been creating Community since 1950 by supporting Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Sunshine’s 25-acre base campus that backs up to Swan Creek in Maumee is beautiful with a barn, gardens, boardwalk, greenhouse and spiritual life center.
Do you love the diversity of people and days that are never the same as the one before? Are you fueled by laughter and inspired by joyful, quiet moments too? Whether it’s creating opportunities to work and play, supporting someone in their home, or providing medical care or therapy, you’ll find a place — and feed your soul — on the Sunshine team.
Our Direct Support Professionals ensures that each individual’s needs are met including; personal care, mealtime assistance, medication assistance/administration, engagement activities, vocational opportunities, equipment adaptations, daily cleaning/laundry/household chores/errands, and transportation.
This requires moving and lifting clients on a regular basis as well as transporting ambulatory and non-ambulatory clients to and from activities within the base facility, group home, or their own home, throughout the base facility campus, and in the community. This will also require frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching to assist with daily living needs as well as the ability to physically assist in any situation where a client may require emergency care such as CPR/First Aide or emergency evacuation.
Financial peace of mind is key to great care. Sunshine offers these great benefits – and more!
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Direct care pay starting at $13.00. Ability to go to $14.50.
- Direct Support Professional Subs, starting pay $16
- Paid Training
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Bonuses 3X per year
- per-pay period incentives
- 401(k) with company match
- Transportation Assistance
- Disability and life insurance
- Interest-free tuition loans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Member of an ERN (Employee Resource Network)
- Access to a Success Coach
- Interest-free loans for emergencies
- Training for advancement and promotion
- Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance
- HS Diploma or GED
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, drug test and physical
- Must be able to lift 60+ pounds