Sunshine is now hiring 2nd Shift DSPs. 75% of our Full-Time DSPs earn more than $40k. A Sunshine career includes: Compensation for prior experience, weekend and night shift differentials, quarterly retention bonus, career advancement beginning at 6 months and full health and retirement benefits.
Sunshine participates in the State of Ohio $1 add-on program and Lucas County $900 incentive to complete the $1 add-on training – If you are an experienced DSP, we can assist you with meeting and completing this requirement
Sunshine Communities, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Northwest Ohio supporting individuals with developmental disabilities through residential, vocational, clinical, therapeutic, and recreational services. These services are offered in various circumstances including at our Maumee, Ohio campus and at homes within the community. In addition to programs on campus, Sunshine individuals and staff operate Georgette’s Grounds and Gifts, a coffee shop and fair trade gift store located in downtown Maumee. Right across the road lies Sunshine Studios, an art studio space and gift store offering classes to individuals and the community.
To work as a Direct Support Professional, you must have a strong interest in supporting others and show compassion and empathy. Reliability and consistency is essential to excelling as a DSP.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and Auto Insurance
· 18 years or older
· Pass criminal background, drug screen and physical
· Able to lift 60 lbs.
· Prior Direct Support Professional experience required
A Direct Support Professional will provide daily care and engagement while advocating for the rights of the Individuals we support. Responsibilities include the following:
· Meal Prep and Feeding
· Toileting and hygiene care
· Bathing and showering
· Engagement and activities
· Support and companionship
· Location cleaning, laundry, sheet changing and kitchen upkeep
· Assist with all duties assigned
· Comprehensive health package (medical/dental/vision/life/disability)