Director of Christian Service
St. John’s Jesuit High School & Academy, an all-boys school serving approximately 750 young men in Northwest, Ohio, is in search of a full-time Director of Christian Service. As a key member of the Pastoral Ministries team, the Director of Christian Service is responsible for guiding and overseeing the Christian service program and shaping the development of students by fostering their commitment to serving marginalized communities and forming Men for Others.
Candidates must act in a way to aid in the formation of Men for Others through the Graduate at Graduation; loving, open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, and committed to doing justice. A bachelor’s degree in a related field and a committed practicing Catholic with an understanding of Jesuit tradition is required. A strong personal commitment to serving marginalized communities, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with a variety of audiences is required. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and Google docs. Candidates must be available to work Monday evenings to fulfill the Toledo Labre program requirements.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Matching retirement contributions up to 4% toward either a 403(b) or a Roth 403(b).
- 17 Paid Holidays.
- 10 days paid vacation days the year in which your employment begins, 15 paid vacation days the January following your hire date, 20 paid vacations days the second January following your hire date.
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance without evidence of insurability.
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance and access to Health and Dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- An Employee Assistance Program that offers free access to counseling services for the employee and any dependents.
- A positive work environment focused on the betterment of the young men at St. John’s Jesuit High School Academy.
- Tuition assistance for son(s) of employees to attend St. John’s.
- An employer who sees each employee, as well as each student, as an individual person and strives for a work environment where that individual person is treated with dignity and respect.
- 60 days of fully paid maternity leave with the ability to use vacation time to supplement additional paid time off.
- 10 days of fully paid paternity leave with the ability to use vacation time to supplement additional paid time off.
- Options for faith formation and spiritual growth.
Salary Range: This is a 12-month full-time salaried exempt position with a pay range of $45,000-$50,000 per year depending on education and experience. This position works reduced hours during the summer months.