Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers, and a full-service pharmacy with lab services on site.
The Director of Facilities and Risk Management is responsible for ensuring the operational efficiency of all properties in our multi-site healthcare system, including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, waste management and building cleanliness and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs maintenance operations by identifying requirements, forecasting resources, providing oversight for construction projects, capital improvement projects, and daily repair tasks.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and work assignments of a team of maintenance, groundskeeping, transportation, and housekeeping staff to ensure efficient business operations.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, approving time off and completing related payroll functions according to NHA policy.
- Designs, implements and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing maintenance and quality control reports, and performing scheduled maintenance of equipment and systems in conformance of operational standards.
- Ensures building operations comply with all local zoning laws and regulations and schedules required inspections as required by and applicable city ordinance and regulatory boards.
- Obtains competitive bids from contractors for facility projects and oversees the delivery of services within established budget parameters.
- Ensures the security of all properties and company assets and conducts regular asset audits of NHA property.
- The ability to demonstrate the safe use of tools and equipment and conducts safety orientation and ongoing training to prevent improper use or injury.
- Conducts regular safety drills including fire, tornado and workplace safety at all site locations to assure staff emergency preparedness.
- Develops, implements and revises as necessary departmental policies and procedures according to regulatory and accreditation standards of building operations, safety and infection control.
- Oversee the purchasing, maintenance, and cleanliness of the fleet of company owned vehicles.
- Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of all building property including parking areas, sidewalks, and landscaping.
- Assures established purchase order processes are followed for all departmental related expenditures such as fuel, vehicle maintenance and supplies and that expenditures do not exceed approved budget parameters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the community including vendors, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working with electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems including performance of related maintenance processes and troubleshooting malfunctions while maintaining strict adherence to industry safety protocols.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to develop work processes and prioritize project deliverables on deadline within defined budget parameters.
- Must have experience conducting regular safety drills including fire, tornado and workplace safety and documenting staff participating.
- Demonstrate ability to write policy and procedures in adherence to regulatory and accreditation standards such as OSHA and The Joint Commission.
- Ability to develop, organize and conduct staff training surrounding workplace safety and infection control as it relates to building operations.
- Familiarity with understanding blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to set direction to a team, delegate tasks, deploy resources and manage performance outcomes.
- Knowledgeable in developing, implementing and managing a department budget and tracking expenditures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and to our external customers.
This is a full-time salary position, Monday – Friday, no weekends, or holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a matching retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, 11 paid holidays and generous PTO.
Candidate must provide salary requirements when applying to be considered for an interview for this position.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on our website, nhainc.bamboohr.com/careers/171