Courageous Community Services
Director of Fund Development
– Location: Hybrid position; camp located in Whitehouse, Ohio
– Compensation: Starting at $75,000; generous time-off; stipend for health insurance
– Reports to: Executive Director
– Apply by December 15, 2023
o To apply, please email a resume and cover letter in one document by end of day Friday,
December 15 to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
About Courageous Community Services
Established in 1963 as Camp Courageous, today Courageous Community Services (CCS) is
dedicated to a mission of providing meaningful, inclusive opportunities for individuals with
disabilities and their families through advocacy, education, and engaging recreational
experiences. As a 501(C) (3) nonprofit agency, CCS provides the following services in Northwest
● Educational and skill-based programs embedded into the camp program
● Advocacy training and services
● Family support
● Social opportunities
● Camping/recreational programs for individuals with disabilities
Courageous Community Services is seeking a Director of Fund Development
The Director of Fund Development will be responsible for fostering and strengthening
Courageous Community Services’ relationships with individual donors, corporations,
foundations, and other sources.
● Develops an annual fundraising and donor relations strategy under the leadership of the
Board of Directors and in consultation with the Executive Director.
● Leads all donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition efforts, including
management of donor database, submission of monthly activity reports, and updates
related to donor strategies.
● Cultivates, solicits, and provides stewardship for a portfolio of major gift prospects.
● Responsible for researching, pursuing, and reporting on private and public grant
● Develops, manages, and executes fundraising and donor recognition events, including
budget, sponsorships, logistics, and marketing.
● Develops and implements major capital and endowment campaigns.
● Manages and coordinates meetings between the Executive Director, board members,
and potential donors.
● Develops systems to train the board and encourage involvement in annual fund
solicitation, personal giving, and donor recognition.
● Creates an external communications plan and fundraising materials, including a formal
case for support. Creates a more effective and efficient system for sharing information
such as impacts and financial/outcome data.
● Assists with fundraising-related updates to collateral, website, and social media.
● Ensures consistent communications with external stakeholders including clients,
community partners and donors.
● Develops and builds healthy and productive relationships with all internal and external
stakeholders, including staff, board members, and volunteers.
● Works with leadership to grow an internal culture and commitment to philanthropy.
● Provides oversight and develops new initiatives representing CCS with community-
based committees and initiatives, business, and industry organizations, and facilitates
internal and external communication.
● 1-3 years previous non-profit fundraising experience (not events) required.
● Demonstrated project management and time management skills required.
● Demonstrated skills in cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts and working with
● Strong written, presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate
effectively and sensitively with consumers, staff, other agencies, partners, and the
● Ability to recruit and work with top-level corporate and community leaders and to lead
and motivate staff teams.
● Experience with budgeting and using donor database software.
● Excellent customer service and follow-through.
● Detail-oriented with organizational skills.
● Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.